Thursday, October 23, 2008

SOLD!!!!!

Since closing on my house this past Friday, I have already started making changes. My parents came into town to help me start painting and to take a class on how to install tile. So, Saturday morning, we were the only 3 students in the tile class at Home Depot. I'll admit, I wandered around looking at paint and light fixtures for part of the class, but I did attend some of it. It was pretty interesting but dad got all of the details and I will be helping him when we can get around to it. The rest of the weekend was spent painting. It is so hard to pick out colors! I have so many ideas of what I want in my head but then coordinating them is another story. I have to make sure the kitchen colors match the den since they all flow into one room and the master bedroom is right off of the den and can be seen pretty easily, so that has to match as well. Whew!!! My brain is on overload this week. We did get the kitchen, master bedroom and guest bathroom painted. I love having red rooms but since I don't have a dining room to paint, I had to go with the guest bathroom. I love it! Imagine this picture with two more coats of paint rolled on. This was just the first coat :)
Before:


After:

Kitchen-Before:


Kitchen-After
I don't have a picture of the master bedroom yet but there will be more after this weekend. We are painting the guest bedroom and den! Oh, and just so things don't flow too smoothly, I bought a refrigerator yesterday. But, the space at my house is 1 inch shorter than most spaces houses provide for refrigerators. Not sure what to do about it but hopefully it will work out. Another stress breakdown moment.......

3 comments:

EJ & Roo said...

love the red!
wanna come over and help us paint?!?
we've lived here for a year and haven't painted yet! i guess 8 months of that was dedicated to the wedding so that's my excuse!!
congrats again on the house.

Unknown said...

like the red!

Anonymous said...

You have been busy! I can't wait to see more...it all looks so good!!