Tuesday, October 7, 2008

NICHOLAS SPARKS!!!

I FINALLY got to meet Nicholas Sparks! He came to Greenville for the signing of his new book The Lucky One. I have read and re-read all of his books and always look forward to when his next book is coming out. So, a friend from work told me he was coming Wednesday, October 1st to The Open Book here in Greenville. I had been out sick Monday and half of Tuesday with strep throat and a cold but by golly, I was going! We left straight from work at 4:30. He wasn't supposed to start signing until 6pm but by the time we got there, the place was packed! We got our book and a ticket number, which was 430!!! This was an hour and a half before he was supposed to start!!! I knew I was in for a long evening. So, we decided we would find an area where we could snap some pictures and enjoy the view until our number was called. Amazingly, we found a spot right in front of the table he was at but even though I had charged my camera, the battery wasn't holding a charge! I snapped a few pictures here and there but wanted to save enough to get at least one picture of me and him! So, we stood and listened to all of his conversations with the fans and even got on the news and made friends with the news reporter. 2 hours later, I finally had my book signed and a picture with Nicholas Sparks, not to mentioned tired feet since I had heels on!!! Here are some pictures....I'm hoping to get my friends picture of me and Nicholas too. I think her picture turned out better but I will deal for now! Now, I just need to go see his new movie!

3 comments:

Peekaboos and Baby Coo's said...

love him! I am jealous. Always wanted to meet him as well. I did not know that he had a knew book out. I have been out of the loop but I have read all his other.s love your house. My mother-in-law lives in Anderson and that is where my husband grew up and lived until 4 years ago. I will have to call you next time we are in town. Would love to get together. Love the blog.

Anonymous said...

Yea! Welcome to the blogging world! I can't wait to read and see all the goings on with you!!

EJ & Roo said...

i am so jealous!! we missed him when he came to charlotte last week. he's hands down my favorite author ever!!