Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My New House!!

Yep, I did it! I bought a house! One of the scariest experiences in my life so far. Technically, it's not mine yet. I close on October 17th. I debated and debated on where I wanted to live and hoped that I would get some HUGE sign to tell me where I should be. I currently live in Anderson, SC and have been here for the past 4 years. While I LOVE having my sister and her family in town, I just wasn't sure that Anderson is where I needed to purchase a home. See, I work in Greenville and being single, I thought that maybe that would be the best place for me to live and hopefully meet more people. But, that isn't the way it worked out. Here's how my worldwind experience took place and some pictures of my cute house that I can't wait to start decorating! My sister called me one Sunday and told me she found a townhouse in a great area and a great price in Anderson. My friend Lori and I rode by after lounging at the pool and decided to ride around some more. I was going to show her this CUTE neighborhood that I have always adored but told her that I haven't ever seen a house for sale in there. Just as I got the words out of my mouth, we turn in the neighborhood only to see an "OPEN HOUSE" sign. So, we stop and go in (in our bathing suits with our cover ups on). Loved the house and called my sister and parents to inform them of my find. Long story short, the very next day, I was sitting with my sister's next door neighbor who also happens to be a realtor with the company who is selling the house, and making an offer. I've never been so overwhelmed, nervous and excited all at the same time. The next day, my offer had been accepted and the paperwork began. Whew, who knew buying a house took so much work :) Stay tuned for some before and after pictures as I pull up carpet and put down tile, new carpet and laminate hardwood floor!!! Oh, and paint some, too.

No comments: