Monday, December 21, 2009

A mini-trip down memory lane

Last Sunday, my parents and I decided to take a drive up to McAdenville to see the lights. This used to be a yearly tradition when we were young but we haven't been in a LONG time. I went once when I lived in Charlotte but it's still be several years. So, since we were heading up that way, we decided to make a day of it and visit Winthrop and drive up to Charlotte. First stop, Winthrop to see how the campus has changed and visit all of the places we lived. I say "we" because my mom went to Winthrop, too, and married my dad before she graduated so they lived up there while mom finished her last year and dad taught. Here is where they lived....925 1/2 Ebenezer Ave.

Then, on to all of the places I lived while at Winthrop....well, most of them. My freshman year, good 'ole Margaret Nance
I didn't get a picture of the dorm from my sophmore year but they are all pretty much the same! This house was where I lived my junior year with two of my good friends and it was my favorite place that I lived. I loved this house! 327 Ebenezer Ave. It's looking a little run down :(

I didn't get a picture of where I lived my senior year but here is the apartment that I lived in my second senior year...lol! I went 4 1/2 years. I lived here in Yorkshire Apartments with another good friend, Lindsay. We were on the bottom floor and on that sliding glass door on the left is where Lindsay painted our pretty Christmas tree that stayed up until we moved out in May :)

and here is my very first apartment all by myself!! the last place I lived in Rock Hill before making the move up to Charlotte. I have to say, this apartment was my least favorite place that I lived.and then we got a picture of Bynes Auditorium on the way in.
And here are some pictures from McAdenville. It's changed so much since we went last and they have now built new houses!! Whoa!
Molly's worn out after a long day in the car. She's not spoiled at all!!






2 comments:

lindsay said...

OH MY goodness!!! Love these pics. I so loved going to McAdenville, too. It's strange the emotions and memories that rush over ya when you ride through that Winthrop campus, isn't it??

kate's corner said...

i don't think i knew you lived in charlotte! cool. where and what did you do? we did mcadenville the other day with kate for the first time. pretty cool. gotta love a trip down mem. lane! merry christmas!